Export

Is it possible export data about time of amplitudes to Excel(texteditor…)?

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/sample_data_export.html.

Gale

Where can i change the time of interval between each sample?
i need step about 1 (or 0,5) sec but i can’t found it

“Sample Data Export” exports sequential samples. It is a “Nyquist” plug-in (http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Plug-ins_Reference) so it is possible for users to modify it.
What exactly are you trying to do?

the best will be something like this:

time: volume:
[hh:mm:ss] [dB]
00:00:03 65
00:00:21 45
00:00:53 72
00:01:13 53
Snímek obrazovky 2015-08-17 v 11.50.24.png

and if is not possible this… so i need this one:

time volume
00:00:00 55
00:00:01 63
00:00:02 …
00:00:03 …
00:00:04 …

::: :::

01:30:23 …

I think I see what you mean.

It would be quite easy to make the plug-in output every n’th sample (example, every 100th sample), but that’s probably not going to give you what you want, unless the peaks are evenly spaced at intervals of a known number of samples.

What Sample Data Export is designed to do, is to output the raw data (sample values) in a simple text / csv format so that the data can be analyzed in other application (such as spreadsheets or graph drawing programs). What are you wanting to do with the data? What is the purpose of this?

ok…can you send me some instruction, how can i get the data with n-th simples?
maybe that would be ok only with this data :slight_smile: its for some project in school and i must compare results from another attempt :slight_smile:

You’ve not said what you are doing with the data. Do you really need to modify the plug-in? Why not just ignore all of the values that you don’t need?

cause i need work with record which has about 2 hours …if sample data write about sounds each 0.00002 sec that wouldn’t be good (the best for me will be every 0.5 or 1 sec)

That seems to contradict what you described here: Export - #5 by student

If you zoom in close on the waveform you will see that it is constantly going up and down. If you simply take the values of samples at arbitrary intervals the result will be virtually meaningless.

If you want good advice, it really would help if you described exactly what you are trying to do. If you’re not bothered about the quality of the advice, then we can carry on like this.