Consonant sounds combination ..any help??

In Arabic Language ,there is a plosive /stop unvoiced consonants with the symbol [ tˤ ] , it’s called emphatic {in Ar. Muffaxam}because it’s pronounced from the same place of articulation of ‘t’ but with a pharyngeal secondary articulation .That is why it is written so {tˤ } .The linguists have proved the phonetic features of this consonant by using modern way (f MRI) to give us a modern equivalent to x-rays.
But , I try to prove it by a simple experiment on Audacity , to check if this is true and if tˤ is really = t+ ʕ (the last symbol is the Ar. ain which is pharyngeal consonant ).
I recorded the sound of ‘t’ as normally pronounced on one track , on the other track, I recorded the sound of " ʕ ain" but with the tongue on same articulation of ‘t’ “without releasing ‘t’ of course “” i.e only keeping the tongue there ,while " ain” is produced and recorded on the 2nd track.
since Audacity has a good feature to move any of the waveforms on their own track as you want ““left or right”” ,patiently working , I found the point where the two consonants started simultaneously ,it was unbelievable that the resultant combination of these two sounds was Ar. tˤ indeed so i proved by Audacity that tˤ is really = t+ ʕ
N.B
the recorded sounds were “t+e” Vs. " ʕ +e , the resultant combination was "tˤ+e as I found .
When I emailed the result I got with (the synthesized voice recording) to a great phonetician , he said your method would be very interesting if you can repeat it with “t+u” Vs. “ʕ +u” to get “ tˤ +u” where ‘‘u’’ is long vowel . Unfortunately I failed to prove it with “ u” because it seems “u” disturbs the preceding consonant even more than I expected .
Can any phonetician here help me to find a solution , or at least to tell me if there is any feature within “Audacity “ to synthesize any pharyngeal sound and any ‘’ t ‘’ sound so that I can repeat the experiment with different way ( any way ) :question: :question: :question: :question:

If you are currently using only the “normal” waveform view of the recording, you may find it useful to try the “spectrogram” views http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/track_drop_down_menu.html#spgram These views allow you to “see frequencies”, and will careful observation you may be able to identify the frequency patterns that create those sounds.

Praat is free and includes speech synthesis.

Many thanks for steve and special thanks for Trebor
Trebor: Do you have such experience in Praat to help me in this topic ?? My expertise is not in acoustic phonetics and Praat is very complicated , definitely articulatory and acoustic (Klatt) synthesis in Praat , which i found difficult to me to assimilate :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I can’t help as I don’t even understand the question :blush: , I had just heard of Praat and thought it may be of use.

Some more free phonetics software here ( some look less complicated ) …
http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/resource/software.php

Thanks Trebor for the list of phonetics software ,I found something which is interesting and useful within this list . :slight_smile: :slight_smile: