How to change a WAV file to 528HZ(SOLVED)

For help using Audacity, please post in the Help forum relevant to your operating system.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

How to change a WAV file to 528HZ(SOLVED)

Permanent link to this post Posted by MorningstarMira » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi there,

I've been asked to record something for a friend, who wants her music in 528hz. The reason behind this is because some people believe this frequency has healing properties.
(Whether this works or not is a different matter).

So I've searched the web and got really confused as there seem to be lots of different ways to do this. Does anybody know the simplest way to achieve this? Is there a function where I can just upload my WAV file and convert it to 528hz?

Thanks in advance!
MorningstarMira

Re: How to change a WAV file to 528HZ

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 pm

What do you mean?
Music typically contains a wide range of frequencies between 20 Hz and 20 kHz. If you "convert" to 528 Hz you will just have a single tone.
To create a frequency of 528 Hz use "Generate menu > Tone" and set the frequency to 528 Hz.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by MorningstarMira » Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 am

steve wrote:What do you mean?
Music typically contains a wide range of frequencies between 20 Hz and 20 kHz. If you "convert" to 528 Hz you will just have a single tone.
To create a frequency of 528 Hz use "Generate menu > Tone" and set the frequency to 528 Hz.

Sorry, I'm probably not explaining myself well due to the fact that I'm a bit confused about this.
Maybe this link explains a little better what I've been asked to do:
http://www.528records.com/system-page/getting-started
MorningstarMira

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

"This history concerns A=440Hz “standard tuning,” and the Rockefeller Foundation’s military commercialization of music."
This appears to be the basis for the argument by Leonard G. Horowitz, DMD, MA, MPH, DNM(hon.)
The implied connection between "A=440 Hz" and the Rockerfeller Foundation is factually incorrect.

It was during the 19th century that standards for musical pitch tuning began to be established. There was some considerable difference between these standards but generally an "A" was tuned somewhere between 400 Hz to 450 Hz. Gradually the standardisation narrowed (enabling musicians to play in tune with each other) until it finally settled at 440 Hz which was recognised by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1936.

To change the tuning from A=440 Hz to A=528 Hz, use the "Change Speed" effect set to 20%.
This will make the track play a little faster, thus raising the pitch such that any instrument that was tuned to 440 Hz will now play as if it had been tuned to 528 Hz.

Alternatively you could use the "Change Pitch" effect and again apply a 20% change. This will change the pitch without changing the tempo, though there will be some loss of sound quality.

Alternatively you could use the "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift" effect and again apply a 20% change (Initial pitch shift = 20.00, Final pitch shift=20.00). This will change the pitch without changing the tempo. This effect is slower than the other "Change Pitch" effect and there will be some loss of sound quality but it is higher quality than the other Change Pitch effect.
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm

the 528 thing is a scam: the tracks they illegally sell on their website , sorry offer for a "donation", are not transposed or modified from the copyrighted originals, ( even if they were transposed that modification would not sidestep copyright law ).

Q9). I cannot hear a difference between what I uploaded and downloaded. Are you guys a fraud?

www.528records.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

A. Yes.

Update: from the people who brought you 528 healing music, now 528 healing chocolate ...

528chocolate ( jeez ).jpg
528chocolate ( jeez ).jpg (13.94 KiB) Viewed 5164 times

I bet eight out of ten bulimics recommend it.

528records.com wrote:"You are a digital bioholographic precipitation, crystallization, miraculous manifestation, of Divine frequency vibrations, coming out of Water. Get it? You are the music, echoing universally, eternally, hydrosonically, with your heart at 528!"
- Dr. Leonard Horowitz

IMO Dr H has had way too much chocolate.
Trebor

Permanent link to this post Posted by MorningstarMira » Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks for your help Steve, I'll give that a go.

@Trebor, The chocolate incident is certainly strange and erm, "interesting". I don't personally mind if this works or not, like I said this is just for a friend who asked for this specifically. If it makes her happy, then that's all good =)

Thanks for all your help and suggestions! I was losing my mind trying to figure this out.
MorningstarMira

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Thu May 03, 2012 3:20 am

MorningstarMira wrote:Thanks for your help Steve, I'll give that a go.

Increasing the pitch by 20% will make the music sound conspicuously off-key ...

528records aren't actually doing anything noticeable to the music, it's a scam.
Trebor

Permanent link to this post Posted by dxr346 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:29 pm

:roll: Hmm. This is what I think. However I am open for debate.

If you take the following notes tuned to A = 440 Hz ,

Mids (Middle A)
A = 440 Hz
G = 392 Hz
F = 349.23 Hz
E = 329.63 Hz
D = 293.66 Hz
C = 261.63 Hz
B = 246.94 Hz

There will be only one note with the value 440 Hz. So if you make music with different notes, there will be several frequencies involved. So you will not get the continuous frequency to alter brain waves as expected. The same goes for tuning with 528 Hz frequency - this is just one note "A". If you want to heal with 528 Hz, the same sound should be continuous. However the relaxation feeling you get from a particular melody maybe due to the creativity and not due to the 528 Hz frequency.
dxr346

Permanent link to this post Posted by 5aqua5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:06 am

apparently in this video his advice near the end mentions if you turn the A: to 444 the C becomes 528 and that 444 is where you want to be.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5sZi-OocoU ....but how i do this with audacity... i have no clue.... playin with it now.... ive been playin with the pitch change from 440 to 432 and the 440 to 528, and ill try the 440 444, but im not sure audibly how much difference i can make from it....
http://attunedvibrations.com/528hz-tuning/
click on effect, change pitch, change A to A, change Hz from 440 to 444. The C becomes 528
Last edited by Gale Andrews on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: C becomes 528
5aqua5

Re: How to change a WAV file to 528HZ (SOLVED)

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:18 am

5aqua5 wrote:but how i do this with audacity.

Use the "Change Pitch" effect in Audacity 2.0.5 (or later).
If you wish to change 440 to 432, set "From" frequency at 440 and "To" frequency at 432.
Change Pitch in the manual: http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/change_pitch.html

Locking this topic and marking it solved.
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Return to All Things Audio