Missing button

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Missing button

Permanent link to this post Posted by blakovic » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Could you tell me where is the button that selected all tracks while selecting one?
dont remember how it was called

I mean in 5.1 audio I did mark piece of track and with that button on I could delete this part from all tracks now I have to mark all tracks which is annoying and time consuming

ne1 knows how to do it in new version because so far the new is not better (most of features I use in menu where moved to submenu which adds extra seconds to find it)
blakovic

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Missing button

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 pm

blakovic wrote:I mean in 5.1 audio I did mark piece of track and with that button on I could delete this part from all tracks now I have to mark all tracks which is annoying and time consuming

Not sure exactly what you mean, but probably one of these:

There was, and still is a keyboard shortcut: Shift + Ctrl + K
There was and still is a menu item to do the same: "Select > Tracks > In All Tracks"

There was previously a default behavior "Select All if None Selected" (a common cause for people accidentally deleting their entire project). That is no longer enabled by default, but you can either turn it on in "Edit > Preferences > Track Behaviors > Auto Select, if selection required", or just use "Ctrl + A" to select all.

There was also a "Sync-Lock" button and menu item. The button has gone (again this was a feature that caused problems for a lot of users), but is still available in the menu: "Tracks > Sync-Lock". It does not have a shortcut by default, but if you use it a lot you can add one (see: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/keyb ... ences.html)
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Missing button

Permanent link to this post Posted by blakovic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 pm

thanks a lot, missed that feature in new design, it was working great for me and I was missing this

any chance you will focus on speeding up application ?
working about 2min with 3-5 cuts and tweaks on DTS audio takes around 10gb of storage, thats for 1-2min of work and Im doing this for about and hour per day, which I think is killing my SSD, working on HDD is pain in ass (It is but doubles my working time, (read track is slow as hell, zooming lags for about 30-40second to respond and so on)
blakovic

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews