Themes in 2.2

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Themes in 2.2

Permanent link to this post Posted by SniffTheGlove » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 am

Hello,

I use Audacity all the time and I am just creating a website. Now I will be taking screen prints of Audacity waveform for pasting into my site, so I am looking to modify the custom Audacity Custom Theme to match the colors of my website.

I have 2.2 RC version of Audacity. Now on the https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Theming_HowTo it refers to themes and tells you to download the themes.zip file https://wiki.audacityteam.org/w/images/5/51/Theme.zip which has the lightimagecache.png and a simple webpage detailing what each icon/color is for.

So, I took the lightimagecache.png and dropped it into the Audacity Themes folder and then renamed it imagecache.png. (I have not modified the image yet)

I then ran Audacity and choose the Custom Theme and I get an awful mess like this..
audacity.png
audacity.png (55.24 KiB) Viewed 410 times

Anyone else see the same or know how to fix this??

Also, can anyone supply the Dark theme and the high contrast theme png's please as I really like the dark theme but would like the green waveform from the high contrast theme.

Thanks
SniffTheGlove

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Themes in 2.2

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:45 am

Theme support in Audacity 2.2.0 has been thoroughly reworked since the 1.3.x beta series. Custom themes are not yet officially supported and there is no official documentation for custom themes in Audacity 2.2.0. Custom themes will be supported, perhaps in 2.2.1, but considering that 2.2.0 has not been released yet, 2.2.1 is still some way off.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by SniffTheGlove » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:09 pm

OK Steve,

So the Audacity 2.2-rc Version of the software I have is therefore not an official copy? as it has 4 themes built in (Classic,Dark,High contrast and Custom)

Should the wiki page for themes also be removed if Themes is not available in 2.2 as it states
Customised Theming is a feature of Audacity 2.2.0 and later and also some earlier experimental builds of Audacity. This page outlines how to use it as it currently exists and how to add images and colors in its current form.
And it also gives instructions on how to do the theme.

thanks
SniffTheGlove

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 pm

"RC" means "Release Candidate", which is a pre-release version for testing purposes prior to release.
2.2.0 RC1 has been withdrawn due to the discovery of a serious bug. There will be a new RC soon, and hopefully that will be quickly followed by the release of Audacity 2.2.0.

SniffTheGlove wrote:Should the wiki page for themes also be removed

It sounds like it needs updating. If you post a link to the page that you are referring to, I'll take a look.
steve
Site Admin

Permanent link to this post Posted by SniffTheGlove » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm

SniffTheGlove

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks,
I've added a "disclaimer" at the top of that page for now. It will need to be updated properly when custom theming is properly supported.
steve
Site Admin

Permanent link to this post Posted by SniffTheGlove » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks Steve, glad I was able to help a little bit with Audacity.
SniffTheGlove

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 pm

SniffTheGlove wrote:... I will be taking screen prints of Audacity waveform for pasting into my site,
so I am looking to modify the custom Audacity Custom Theme to match the colors of my website.

Can easily change the palette of screen-grabs with GIMP ...

change colours with GIMP.gif
original screen-grab has been inverted (i.e. negative)
change colours with GIMP.gif (1014.56 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews