Windows 10

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by lilian201023 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Have been using Audacity with Windows 7..l now have windows 10 and Audacity doesn't seem to be working well. Terrible sounds on both vocal and music. Any advise please.
lilian201023

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Are you the performer?

You might need to defeat the Windows microphone and sound processing. Windows sound is designed for conference calls and chat, not music.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_ ... hancements

A common problem with Win10 is it's not an upgrade. I's a new operating system and your sound system and support software have to be Windows 10 compliant. Your drivers have to specifically say they're OK with Windows 10, not just Windows.

Even worse, you have to get support software from the manufacturer and not use the Windows generic drivers.

Audacity gets its sound from Windows, not direct from your microphone. Audacity doesn't apply effects, filters or processing during recording.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by Mack Caster » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:16 pm

lilian201023 wrote:Hi Have been using Audacity with Windows 7..l now have windows 10 and Audacity doesn't seem to be working well. Terrible sounds on both vocal and music. Any advise please.

Audacity is not the only audio software that is having problems with windows 10. I have no desire to upgrade from windows 8.1 and I am looking for two laptops as we speak to max out just for recording. Intill they get thing sorted out with their audio drivers, give me Windows 10 or give me death! I would choose death.
Mack Caster
Banned

Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:06 pm

I've been running Audacity on my laptop with W10 - with 2.1.3 release version and many of the alpha nightlies for the next release - and I have had no problems, not with my onboard souncard, onboardmic and WASAPI loopback (s/w) recording.

The only issue I have at all is with my (now discontinued) external USB-soundcard Edirol UA-1EX. It will no longer run in it's advanced mode as Edirol/Roland will not be providing drivers for a discontued device - however it runs fine in its standard mode with Microsoft's USB drivers.

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews