UNUSUAL BUG

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

UNUSUAL BUG

Permanent link to this post Posted by jfawoijfoam » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 pm

okay im using a windows 10 hp laptop and basically (this has nothing to do with the issue just stating what led to the issue) my mouse started doing this thing where it basically wants to act up and i had to save my project i clicked exit and it asked "do you want to save" and i did (this is a project i've been on working for a while) once it saved and closed I turned my computer off and on to fix my mouse and once I turned it on I tried opening the AUP file again, and I get this error once opened:

Error Importing

"C:\Users\JOHNSON\Desktop\Music\MySong.aup" is an Audacity Project file.
Use the 'File > Open' command to open Audacity Projects.

nothing is showing in the audacity interface but all the audio files are stilled in the directory but I don't want to piece them together cause it's a song and it will take TOO LONG to do that. It something to do with the AUP file because I tried opening other songs and they work perfectly, an error must've occurred while saving this file.
jfawoijfoam

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: UNUSUAL BUG

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:01 am

Open the AUP file in TextEdit, WordPad or whatever your text editing application is. Is the file blank or filled with milions of the same character?

This is a fragment of a normal AUP file.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by jfawoijfoam » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:50 am

kozikowski wrote:Open the AUP file in TextEdit, WordPad or whatever your text editing application is. Is the file blank or filled with milions of the same character?

This is a fragment of a normal AUP file.

Koz

I'm sorry I'm new I didn't see the notification, It's completely blank :D I see my issue, so what do I do import text from another .AUP file into this blank one
jfawoijfoam

Permanent link to this post Posted by jfawoijfoam » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 am

It's empty and I just read it, please tell me I don't have to reorder everything.
jfawoijfoam

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:44 am

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/recovery.html

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/reco ... ually.html

You can't recover an edited show. The AUP file is the detail list of how to build the show from all those fragments in the _DATA folder. Sometimes we can recover a fresh, mono recording with no editing without the AUP file. Once you start editing, the fragments go out of order and that's the end of the story.

If your finished presentation was a single track (one blue wave), it is strongly suggested that you Export a WAV (Microsoft) 16-bit sound file as a backup, no matter what the other formats and goals are.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews