Report a Bug ... v. 2.1.3

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Report a Bug ... v. 2.1.3

Permanent link to this post Posted by Black Dog Bluez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 am

v2.1.3 fail/bug -the SC4 effect output meters are not lighting up! Is there a way to fix this?

Also the declicker and other effects go through this when opened but then seem okay..

Capture nother bug.PNG

This on an HP (PC) computer w/Windows 7 (rolled back to factory settings).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Black Dog Bluez on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Dog Bluez

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Report a Bug ... v. 2.1.3

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:17 am

Black Dog Bluez wrote:the SC4 effect output meters are not lighting up!

As far as I'm aware, SC4 does not have output meters.

Black Dog Bluez wrote:Also the declicker and other effects go through this when opened but then seem okay..

That can happen the first time that an effect is used after updating from a very old version of Audacity if the settings that were last used in the very old version are not valid in the current version. It's an "information" message rather than an "error". It's just telling you that the last used settings won't be used (because they are not valid), so the effect has been reset to its default settings.

Once you have applied the effect with valid (in-range) settings, the message should not occur again for that effect.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Black Dog Bluez wrote:v2.1.3 fail/bug -the SC4 effect output meters are not lighting up! Is there a way to fix this?

No. Something has gone wrong with that since 2.1.2. I think on Mac the meters are no longer even present on some LADSPA effects.

It only affects LADSPA, not LV2, but I think the LV2 versions of the swh plugins are not compilable on Windows. So on that platform there is nothing you can do.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Black Dog Bluez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks (all), I had the SC4 "effect output" "meters/read outs..(description/wordage?)' working on my previous version I was using just last week (v2.1.2)/a big plus in sensing what SC4's doing short of applying it now to see exactly --- anyway, that was a nice feature.

As far as the error messages, they don't seem to be stopping (after computer restart) and per settings with the declicker and de-esser plugins (plugins I added myself back w/2.1.2), I never changed the settings and have only ever used as they came, great tools though. --- Well so far I'm not noticing 2.1.3 is better than 2.1.2 but will probably keep b/c --- Theoretically I'll assume even with these short-comings that it is better in ways I am probably unaware of (And have only been using the 2.1.3 a few hours now..).

This on an HP (PC) computer w/Windows 7 (rolled back to factory settings).

Capture=declk-bug.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Dog Bluez

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Black Dog Bluez wrote:As far as the error messages, they don't seem to be stopping (after computer restart) and per settings with the declicker and de-esser plugins (plugins I added myself back w/2.1.2), I never changed the settings and have only ever used as they came, great tools though.

Have you got duplicate copies of declicker and de-esser listed in the Effect menu? If not, exit 2.1.3, open Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Audacity\ and delete the file "pluginsettings.cfg". If you don't see that "Audacity" folder, type:
Code: Select all
%appdata%\audacity

or
Code: Select all
shell:appdata\audacity

into the Explorer address bar then press ENTER on your keyboard.

Black Dog Bluez wrote:Well so far I'm not noticing 2.1.3 is better than 2.1.2 but will probably keep b/c --- Theoretically I'll assume even with these short-comings that it is better in ways I am probably unaware of (And have only been using the 2.1.3 a few hours now..).

Important changes in 2.1.3 are listed in the 2.1.3 Release Notes.

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:37 pm

BDB,

try the new Scrubbing GUI(s) and the pinned centred play/record head. Timer Record has had some big imptovements too.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/scru ... eking.html

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/play ... tml#pinned

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/timer_record.html

Feedback on these would be greatly appreciated.

Peter.
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Black Dog Bluez » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:05 pm

delete the file "pluginsettings.cfg"

Thanks Gale.. but..
I did this and still the same problem -and I don't have doubles in the effects project menu.

And now noticed the Bass/Treble effect did not work right v213 - one of the channels did not finish at zero decibels when set to finish there, the left did good but the right red-lined out a considerable amount.
Last edited by Black Dog Bluez on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black Dog Bluez

Permanent link to this post Posted by Black Dog Bluez » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:10 pm

waxcylinder wrote:BDB,

try the new Scrubbing GUI(s) and the pinned centred play/record head. Timer Record has had some big imptovements too.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/scru ... eking.html

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/play ... tml#pinned

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/timer_record.html

Feedback on these would be greatly appreciated.

Peter.

Thanks but I don't seem to have any need for these features -- actually the scrubber was driving me nuts because I like to hit the quick play on the top there and 213 has the scrubber there with the quick play but I figured how to take the scrubber off - I'm glad that option was available (to un-tick it)!
Black Dog Bluez

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 am

Black Dog Bluez wrote: ... actually the scrubber was driving me nuts because I like to hit the quick play on the top there and 213 has the scrubber there with the quick play but I figured how to take the scrubber off - I'm glad that option was available (to un-tick it)!

Hi BDB,

I'm totally with you on that - I use the Timeline Quickplay a lot - and On my setup I too have turned the Scrub Bar off - as it makes it harder to accurately hit the Timeline I find (as well as taking up valuabel screen real-estate).

I kinda wished we had it turned off by default in 2.1.3 - but it was decided that it should be there for discoverability of the changed GUI for scruubing/seeking. We did get the additional Scrub Toolbar off by default.

Peter
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm

waxcylinder wrote:
Black Dog Bluez wrote: ... actually the scrubber was driving me nuts because I like to hit the quick play on the top there and 213 has the scrubber there with the quick play but I figured how to take the scrubber off - I'm glad that option was available (to un-tick it)!

Hi BDB,

I'm totally with you on that - I use the Timeline Quickplay a lot - and On my setup I too have turned the Scrub Bar off - as it makes it harder to accurately hit the Timeline I find (as well as taking up valuabel screen real-estate).

I kinda wished we had it turned off by default in 2.1.3 - but it was decided that it should be there for discoverability of the changed GUI for scruubing/seeking. We did get the additional Scrub Toolbar off by default.

Peter

IMO, if we had the Scrub Toolbar then Scrub Ruler could have been off by default - because it would have been highly obvious how to turn on Scrub Ruler.

Gale
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Next

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews