Glitch at 1:04:33

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Glitch at 1:04:33

Permanent link to this post Posted by jsallen » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 am

I have a 96-minute 48 stereo .WAV file where a glitch -- segment, about one second in length of mistimed audio -- occurs at 1:04:33. This appears to have happened during processing in Audacity alpha 2:13. Is this a known problem?
jsallen

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Glitch at 1:04:33

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 am

Doesn't ring any bells, but not enough information to attempt a diagnosis of the problem.
My "wild guess" would be that you recorded 96 minutes from an Internet stream and there was a glitch in the network connection at 1:04:33 which you noticed some time later after working on the recording for a while.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Permanent link to this post Posted by jsallen » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:39 pm

No, not an glitch in an Internet stream. I recorded this track on a Zoom H4 digital recorder (settings: .WAV, 48K, 16 bit) and there is no problem in the original track.

Yesterday, after importing the track again, I found the problem in a different location where it had not been before. The track was imported from a .WAV file which I had exported from in a recent Audacity alpha release (which I was using because a bug affecting timing of speed changes has been repaired in that release) -- however, the new location of the problem occurred after importing the .WAV file in Audacity 2.12.

I am wondering whether there is something odd about how the alpha release exports.

I could attach the material for review, but I want to check first because of its size. The .aup file is small but each of the 4 audio tracks is slightly over 1 GB.
jsallen

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:46 pm

jsallen wrote:after importing the .WAV file in Audacity 2.12.

I presume that you mean "2.1.2"? (please confirm by looking in "Help > About Audacity").

jsallen wrote:I could attach the material for review, but I want to check first because of its size. The .aup file is small but each of the 4 audio tracks is slightly over 1 GB.

Thanks, I'd prefer to not download a large project.
Perhaps you could export just the bad part in WAV format ("File > Export Selected Audio") and post that for us to see.
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Nor is there a "2:13" version.

Alphas are not releases.

As it says in the pink panel at the top of the page, it is best if you think there is a "bug" to post on the forum board relevant to your operating system. That way we get to know your operating system, which you have not told us.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:33 pm

jsallen wrote:Yesterday, after importing the track again, I found the problem in a different location where it had not been before. The track was imported from a .WAV file which I had exported from in a recent Audacity alpha release (which I was using because a bug affecting timing of speed changes has been repaired in that release) -- however, the new location of the problem occurred after importing the .WAV file in Audacity 2.12.

I am wondering whether there is something odd about how the alpha release exports.

Are these glitches visible if you zoom in, or only audible when you play? Glitches in different places according to when you test suggests a playback problem to me.

What device are you using for playback?

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by jsallen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm moving the discussion to the operating-system section of the forum, as suggested.
jsallen

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:42 pm

steve
Senior Forum Staff

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews