Audacity crashes when trying click removal

I am digitizing my vinyl collection. I have digitized quite a few without special problems, but with one record / project, attempting to remove clicks crashes Audacity most of the times.
I select Effects / Click removal with the mouse, and then the software freezes at different stages: when then dialog appears as a blank window (before the content of the dialog is drawn to screen), or later when the dialog content is displayed but the controls are not yet active, or when previewing the effect. I then have to kill Audacity and restart it.

Any suggestions?

Archlinux 4.14.15-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux
Audacity 2.2.1 from Archlinux community repository (not the AUR), started with
$ pasuspender – audacity

You could try this:
Rather than using pasuspender, just set Audacity to use the “hw” options in the device toolbar.

Thank you. What useful information could I provide? I am not familiar with C programs so please be patient… Would enabling core dumps with gdb be the way to go?

The problem I spotted seems to be just in my development branch. I’ve reverted to the official source code and I no longer see any problem.
Try running with the “hw” options and launch Audacity without pasuspender and see how that goes.

I don’t know about the “hw” option, starting audacity as audacity -help or -version crashes.

But starting audacity without pasuspender allows me to remove clicks without crashing.
Thanks!