Removing/Isolating Vocals

I know people say its very hard but there’s a website called phonicmind.com that does it very well! The only problem is you have to pay for more than a sample and you only have a limited amount of samples. I use audacity to make instrumentals and it works very well but not as well as phonicmind, here are my steps:
Use the Karaoke effect at -70
Put the original unedited track below the current track
On the newly imported track make a low pass of 150 hz and 48 db
Amplify the bass track just a little bit to simulate the bass above 150 hz
Just thought you might wanna look into phonic mind and maybe improve the “Karaoke” feature in audacity

there’s a website called phonicmind.com that does it very well! The only problem is you have to pay for more than a sample

They know what they have.

maybe improve the “Karaoke” feature in audacity

That’s the hard part.

A karaoke filter is straight, simple arithmetic. Split a stereo show into left and right, flip one of them over (Effect > Invert) and jam them back together. That can remarkable effective if you have a good stereo show with the vocal in the middle of the stage. You can get better without a programming degree by being able to tune where the middle of the stage is and provide some control over tonal quality. But you’re still likely to lose the instruments that are also in the middle of the stage.

Past that, you have to “know” what a voice is and “know” what music is. No more simple Left minus Right or tricks. Straight into algorithmic processing, etc. Oh, and be careful not to step on anybody’s copyrights.

Audacity is an all-voluntary organization. If you want to develop these tools for us we’d be delighted to have you.

Let us know.

Koz