How to read a track on my turn table before recording

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

How to read a track on my turn table before recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by Diamant40 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 am

Hi to every body !
I'm a new user of Audacity and my question is very simple:
Before recording tracks from my turn table connected with USB port, can I read (listen) tracks to choose which one will be recorded ?
Is my question clear enough ? Sorry for my english (I'm french !)
Thanks
Michel
Diamant40

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: How to read a track on my turn table before recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:53 am

Yes, just turn monitoring on by clicking in the Recording meter.

See this page in the Manual: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/met ... #recording

It's useful to be able to do this as you can then set the recording levels before making the recording.

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like