Bug for previews 2.2.0

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Bug for previews 2.2.0

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 pm

OK, so that gives us two lines of enquiry.
If I can reproduce the problem with your 'bad' project, then it's a problem in our code (Audacity should at least be able to fail gracefully even if the data is bad).
If I can't reproduce the problem, then it's more likely to be a problem with that particular build of Audacity, so we can then look into that.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by demonicsweaters » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm pretty sure this one is coming from the KXStudio repositories. I have those on my system for audio software.
Here's a link to download the projects. The exact one I was working on is the one labeled 130bpm https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_2f6m6Axl9Ymhocm1yaUdJMFE/view?usp=sharing
demonicsweaters

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks. It's a bug, and easy to reproduce.
There's also an easy workaround:

1. Open the project
  2. Click on one of the tracks
  3. Ctrl+A
  4. Shift + Home key
  5. Ctrl + T
When you press Ctrl + T, you should see the <- arrows at the beginning of the audio tracks disappear (we have trimmed off the portion of track that is before zero).

The problem is that if the selection extends before zero, "preview" gets an invalid length, which causes it to fail.

Now I need to log the bug, then see if I can find why it is getting an invalid length.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like