Level volume channels

Hello.
Excuse me if it’s an obvious question, but I’ve searched and I have not seen how to do it.

I have a track that, in some parts of this tracks, the level of the cannels are different, not in entire track, but in some parts, the volume of the channels are different.

Its possible equalize the volume of the two channels in the whole track, that the whole track has the same volume in the two channels?

I try with the normalize effect, but not made this…

Thanks in advance.

It is normal for the channels of a stereo track to be different. If the two channels are identical, then it will play as mono. It is the differences between the two channels that makes stereo play as stereo.

If you want the sound from both left and right speakers to be the same (“mono”) then you can convert the track to mono.
Either:

1. Split the track to two mono tracks and delete one of them.
    or
  2. Tracks menu > Stereo Track to Mono.

The second option mixes the two channels so that it is the average of the two channels in the stereo track.

Hello.
In the first time, thanks your your reply! :slight_smile:

Yes, the two channels are identical but I don’t want and I can’t play as mono → I hope to explain myself well with my English :slight_smile:

The two channels are identical, have the same sound/music, but I don’t want / I can’t play/save as mono because, in some parts of the track, the sound is exchanged between one channel and another (like a megamix for example), for this reason, in some parts of the track, not, are not identical.
In others parts, the problem are, the track have has many years and its quality is not good, for that reason, there are parts with one volume in one channel and another volume in the other channel, because it was recorded badly.
I want level / equalize the two channels for have the same volume, the same power volume.

Your second option, I don’t understand very well, you can clarify this option?

Again, thank you very much!!

It would perhaps be easier if you try is and see if it does what you want.
If it’s not what you want, Ctrl+Z to undo the effect.

Yes, always, first its tray and if it’s not that I want, control+z.
But my doubt about your reply:

“mixes the two channels so that it is the average of the two channels in the stereo track.”

My doubt is that, I do not know exactly what movement you indicate me, mix the two channels, a single channel with both channels mixed? That’s my doubt, I do not know which operation you indicate me. My English is not very good…

Again, thank you!

If you are using an Audacity version earlier than 2.2.0, the command is: “Tracks menu > Stereo Track to Mono”.
If you are using Audacity 2.2.0, the command is: “Tracks menu > Mix > Mix Stereo down to Mono”.

Ok, thanks steve.
I use Audacity 2.2.0, now, yes, I understand that you indicate to me viewing the command.
Tomorrow I try but…my track, in some parts of the track, have balancing between channels (or fader) and if I mix two channels, its possible that I lost thhis fader sound…
Tomorrow try and post results.

Again, thank you.