detecting dupilicates

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

detecting dupilicates

Permanent link to this post Posted by ingavdh » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:40 pm

hi
i'm using audacity 2.0.5 and ubuntu 14.04
i'm using it to record albums and split them into tracks (can explain further)

is there any way to detect if any of the tracks are duplicated based on the audio "pattern"?

this 2.5 hrs of music is still playing 3 hrs later so soething's going wrong somewhere.

thanks
ingavdh

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: detecting dupilicates

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:51 pm

ingavdh wrote:is there any way to detect if any of the tracks are duplicated based on the audio "pattern"?

There are "Music Recognition" (more generally "Content Recognition") applications such as Shazam and GraceNote, though I'm not aware of any Linux implementations.

ingavdh wrote:this 2.5 hrs of music is still playing 3 hrs later so soething's going wrong somewhere.

Is that the problem that you want help with?
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Re: detecting dupilicates

Permanent link to this post Posted by ingavdh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:16 am

thanks for your reply.

no, it just means my music player is playing some things twice or doubling up albums or something. have noticed duplicated tracked that i recorded with audacity to MP3 that i don't doubt is due to the music player.
ingavdh

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like