Audacity stil doesn't start

Hi Steve,
hi everybody,

I read other posts, other topics, but I didn’t find my problem and the right answer for it.
I’m under Ubuntu 16.04 32 bits, with GCC (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609 version
and I wanted to install (compiling) Audacity 2.1.3, following your post https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/building-audacity-2-1-2-on-ubuntu-14-04-lts/40691/1 with the special line in red.
All is compiled and installed well. But when I want to start Audacity, here is what I obtain :
Start_Audacity.png
My question is simple : what can I do to resolve this problem ?
Is it a GCC version problem ?.. (5.4 instead of 4.9) - The actual GCC version is 7.2.0, but I didn’t install it.

Thank you for your help, I hope…

Those instructions are for building Audacity 2.1.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 (LTS).
Ubuntu 16.04 has an appropriate version of gcc by default, so those “special” lines in red are not appropriate.

It looks like you have the wrong version of wxWidgets installed.
You need libwxgtk3.0-dev

Well, I’ve installed wxWidgets 3.0.3 version. I read somewhere that it’s the right version for Audacity…
But I saw in Synaptic that libwxgtk3.0-dev wasn’t installed. So, I installed it.
Now, for GCC, should version 5.4.0 be OK for Audacity 2.1.3 ? or not at all ?..

For now, I’m going to uninstall Audacity installed as you told me in an other post, restart and install again. I will tell you…

I’m using:
gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4)

You can have several versions of gcc installed at the same time. To get the version number of the currently configured version, enter this in a terminal window:

gcc -v

The gcc version used is 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4)
Should I install the latest one ? (7.02)
How to set a version (gcc, or wxWidget, or everything else…) in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, OR PKG_CONFIG_PATH ?..
(I don’t know if it is the right method…)

After having installed libwxgtk3.0-dev, uninstalled Audacity, restart, an installed again, it is the same problem :
2nd_start-Audacity.png
I don’t understand what I should have missed… :confused:
Any idea everybody ?.. :unamused: