2.2.0-beta for linux noobs?

Is there a downloadable binary or a way to apt-get to obtain the beta? I want the new theming feature.

I’ve migrated to linux because of my growing hatred toward Window$. I’m not very familiar with the building proccesses, and moreover, I don’t feel like spending a couple of hours with the chance that the build fails and I have to trouble-shoot which leads me to pandora’s box. Apt-getting 2.1.2 only took me 1 minute.

Zom-B

you can try this: https://launchpad.net/~audacity-team/+archive/ubuntu/daily

Despite the name, that PPA is not an official “Audacity” PPA - it is not provided by the Audacity Team. Also, the builds listed there are version 2.1.2.

Audacity 2.2.0 beta is not an official “release”, it is a “beta” build, and is intended only for testing and not for production work.

The “Panda Jim” PPA (also unofficial) has been, for several years, a reliable source for up to date releases. It currently has Audacity 2.1.3 for Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10 and 17.04: Audacity Audio Editor and Recorder : Panda Jim
I expect that this repository will have Audacity 2.2.0 soon after it is released.

The recommended version of Audacity for production use, is the version that is provided by the official repository of your Linux distribution.

Thanks. The last PPA worked smoothly.