Linux Mint 18 KDE Audacity displays wrong extension on save

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Linux Mint 18 KDE Audacity displays wrong extension on save

Permanent link to this post Posted by tesquincrydd » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:31 pm

This has been pretty consistently the case for the last few versions/dot-upgrades of the app.
I have MP3 set in my prefs, but the app always ends the filename of the file I was editing as ".aiff."
Is there any way to change this?

Crydd
tesquincrydd

Operating System: Linux Mint

Re: Linux Mint 18 KDE Audacity displays wrong extension on s

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 pm

You mean that Audacity gives the default wrong extension on Export ("Save" is for saving Projects, not audio files).
Yes that is correct - it's a bug. I believe that it has been at least "mostly" fixed in the up and coming Audacity 2.2.0 version (I'm not sure off hand if it is completely fixed - please raise the issue again if you find the problem in 2.2.0 when it becomes available).
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like