Popup track adjustment (in numbers) not there

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Popup track adjustment (in numbers) not there

Permanent link to this post Posted by Albertaman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 am

This may seem like a small thing but... After importing a track, when I adjust the track volume, there is no popup volume indicator (in numbers) there. I am running Arch Linux XFCE with Audacity 2.13. Can anyone give me an idea as to how to turn this on? Thank you!
Albertaman

Operating System: GNU/Linux other

Re: Popup track adjustment (in numbers) not there

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 am

Unfortunately it is a bug. http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1534
I have added a note that it also occurs on Arch Linux XFCE, and suggested that it should be given higher priority as it makes the track pan and track gain sliders almost unusable.

The workaround is to double click on the slider which opens a dialog window into which you can type the required value. The valid range for the Gain slider is -36 to +36. The valid range for Pan is -1 to +1. Then click the "OK" button to apply the new setting.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Popup track adjustment (in numbers) not there

Permanent link to this post Posted by Albertaman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:45 am

Thank you very much for your reply and help!
Albertaman

Operating System: GNU/Linux other

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like