Problem with libraries

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Problem with libraries

Permanent link to this post Posted by jmchaves » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am

Good afternoon, I installed audacity from the repositories of ubuntu, and in the preferences I do not get the section libraries. I do not know what the problem will be, I thank you for any help.
jmchaves

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Problem with libraries

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 am

jmchaves wrote: in the preferences I do not get the section libraries

That's normal for Ubuntu.
They build Audacity with "dynamic loading" disabled. What that means in practice is that if you have enabled "restricted" software, then FFmpeg and LAME should be installed and available automatically. If "restricted" software is disabled, then FFmpeg and LAME will not be available. I think Ubuntu's current default is to allow "restricted" software - the easy way to test is to try exporting from Audacity as MP3.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Re: Problem with libraries

Permanent link to this post Posted by jmchaves » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:05 am

Ok thanks It works
jmchaves

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like