Autostart Mulitiple Projects

Is there a way to autostart multiple projects in Linux? I’m using LMDE/XFCE.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrie

Multiple Audacity Projects?
At the same time or one after another?
Start the project and do what? (or do you just want to auto start the Audacity session?

I’d like to multiple projects for playback purposes. So if each project represents a backing track I’ve recorded, I would like my computer to load all of them when I boot up. There could be as many as 20 project files to load.

It’s possible, but not easy, and probably a bad idea to do so. What are you wanting to do?

Audacity Projects are designed as an environment for editing, processing and audio production - if you just want to play files, Export the projects as audio files.

If it’s not an easy task, then there’s no point trying to do it. I thought I could possible automate what I already do manually.

What are you wanting to do? Audacity Projects are designed as an environment for editing, processing and audio production - if you just want to play files, Export the projects as audio files.

These are backing tracks that I record. I usually export them to mp3 format for practice purposes, but I need the labels on each tune visible for performance hence, I need Audacity up and running for playback.

For lyrics? If so, printing the lyrics out on paper (or learning the lyrics) would be a lot more reliable (and easier to transport to your performance venue) :wink:

LOL, not for lyrics. We play mostly jazz so the backing tracks are recorded bass/drums only with live guitar, keys, and sax. The labels are used for when soloists start and end their improvisation.

OK, I see :slight_smile:
That’s an interesting use of labels.

Leaving aside if your computer can handle all the projects in terms of disk space and resources, try opening a terminal, cd to the directory holding the AUP files, then:

$ audacity project1.aup project2.aup project3.aup

and so on. Each project will open in its own project window.

You can’t repeat a similar command once Audacity is open - you will see an error that Audacity is already running.

Gale