install audacity help files locally

I am a Linux/Ubuntu newbie using Ubuntu 12.04 and have installed Audacity 2.0.0 from the repository but would like to have the help files locally installed. I downloaded zipped manual 2.0.2 and tried to install it according to audacity instructions:

the ‘help’ folder should usually go in /usr/share/audacity if Audacity was installed from a repository package,
Note: Root permission will normally be required to modify the /usr directory. Try running a sudo unzip command from a terminal (for example, sudo unzip ~/Desktop/audacity-manual-2.0.2.zip -d /usr/share/audacity/help/)

This appeared to work because the help/manual folder is now in the usr/share directory, but when I click on help in audacity I still get the message “You do not appear to have ‘help’ installed on your computer. Please view it online.”
Can anyone please help?

Builds offered by Linux repositories are provided by Ubuntu, not Audacity.

There is no issue I’m aware of. The Ubuntu PPA packages (currently 2.0.3-alpha) at https://launchpad.net/~audacity-team/+archive/daily find the Manual for me if placed in /usr/share/audacity on Ubuntu 12.04 “Precise”.

If it does not work with the 2.0.0 Ubuntu package, check you have the correct structure - If Ubuntu configured the 2.0.0 package to be installed into /usr/share then Audacity is looking for /usr/share/audacity/help/manual/index.html. If you capitalised any file names you extracted it probably won’t work.

Please also be aware that there is little point reading the Manual for 2.0.2 (or 2.0.3-alpha) when you are using Audacity 2.0.0.

Gale