Joining wav files

I have several wav files I need to join into one wav file. The only way I could figire out is to import each wav file and then position them so that they run into each other when I export as a new wav file. Is this the way to do it or is there a less cumbersome way? If there is a way where I can just select the wav files and then click on a join button or something long those lines, that would be great. If Audacity can’t do this, is there a utility or something similar that I can use in Linux?

If you are only dealing with a few files it is probably easiest to import all of the files, then use the Time Shift tool to move the tracks end to end.
If you are dealing with a lot of files (dozens or hundreds) then it may be quicker to set up a batch script to use a command line audio editor such as SoX.

Thanks!

If you want to align your tracks automatically, you can try my tool
https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/arrange-your-tracks-with-chain-it-up-ny/26201/1

When the tracks are aligned as desired, you can mix them down or export them directly.
(There’s additionally Steve’s Append Import plug-in available which loads *.wav files according to a list into one track)

Thanks again!!

Either according to a list of file names, or all supported file types in a specified directory in alpha-numeric character order.
It’s available here: Append Import