audacity as a profecional recording studio softwair

i have been recording bands with audacity in the back of a music store and have been loving it !!! it has worked for everything i have wanted . I’ve used other “big name” brands but i find i don’t need or want the extra junk that comes with it . OK now to the question … I will be removed from the recording privilege if i cant find other studios that are using Audacity in a professional capacity . I want to know who els is using audacity in the pro environment . it just may save my recording carer . they want me to get PT or CW , i dont want to!
Scott , rolling fog studios you can find rolling fog studios on fb and thats me

I regularly use Audacity in a professional audio environment, though not often for recording. For recording I generally use either an 8 channel hard disk recorder (Yamaha), or a Zoom H2 or occasionally a big ProTools machine. The Yamaha is good for up to 8 channels as it is virtually silent and has 8 reasonable quality A/D converters. The H2 is great for quick, non-critical recordings. I prefer to avoid ProTools when I can but it is permanently connected up to the big desk so sometimes there is no choice.

My main use of Audacity is for editing.
Big jobs are usually done in either ProTools or Adobe Audition, but for small editing jobs I’ll use Audacity every time as I can often get the job done and exported in the time it takes to just start up one of the other programs. I’ll sometimes do quite large jobs in Audacity unless there is a specific reason why I need to use a different program. The last big job that I did entirely on Audacity was editing down a 3 hour live concert for a 2 CD set.

My home studio is Linux based (Windows at work) and after recording on a hard disk machine I’ll transfer the tracks over to the computer in either Ardour (if there’s a lot of complex mixing required) otherwise Audacity. Even when using Ardour or Protools I’ll frequently use Audacity along side for sample editing, so I probably use Audacity on 90% of projects.

I do that upside down since my primary job isn’t sound work like this. I do effects capture and “studio” voice work in Audacity and a laptop and transfer the work to the client or much larger audio or video editor. I’m more of a shoot it and lose it user, and yes I get paid to do this. I shot half of a broadcast radio show recently and I’m going to see if I can get the interview. Koz