Disapeared plugins (SOLVED)

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux and Unix-like operating systems.
Please state which version of Linux you are using, the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help > About Audacity... and whether you installed your distribution's release or daily version of Audacity or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Disapeared plugins (SOLVED)

Permanent link to this post Posted by chavall » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 am

Hi! I have Ubuntu 11.10, running on an pentium IV 2,4Ghz. I had Audacity ® 1.3.13-beta (Unicode) running with all it standard plugins, lastly I "updated" the recommended security updates the distro sends and from that moment, the long list of plugins is reduced to only 6; fade out, fade in, leveller, noise removal, normalizer, truncate silence... :cry: and that's all.
I'd un-install Audacity, restart the PC, re-install Audacity and get to the same situation, and the new Ubuntu Software Center, gives no "alternatives" I mean to install this or that "suplements" as it does with other programs, that before installing them it gives you the chance of loading other extensions for...
I know there is a command line to reinstall the plugins, but being "informatically illiterate" :? I have no idea of the "how-to" steps, can anybody lend me a hand?
Thanks in advance!
Chavall
chavall

Operating System: Please select

Re: Disapeared plugins

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:01 am

Edit menu > Preferences > Interface
Deselect the "Clean Speech Mode" setting.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Disapeared plugins

Permanent link to this post Posted by chavall » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks you Steve, the problem is solve! :-)
chavall

Operating System: Please select

Return to GNU/Linux and Unix-like