Equalization: Curve not found - how to fix this issue?

Hi,

I’m on macOS High Sierra, using Audacity 2.2.2. Whenever I try to apply EQ to any length of a waveform I see an error message that reads

Equalization: Curve not found

with the detail

Requested curve not found, using ‘unnamed’

Once I click OK, the application stops responding and my only option is to force quit. I never had an issue using the EQ effect until a few days ago. I was on the previous version of Audacity so I updated to 2.2.2 and still get the same problem. Has anyone had any experience of this issue and/or any suggestions how to fix it?

I am also experiencing a problem with 2.2.2 in that I can’t seem to enable plugins. I can go to the plugins list and change any from disabled to enabled but when I restart Audacity they are still disabled and not showing up in the ‘Effects’ menu.

Thanks,

It’s possible to run Audacity from inside the Disk Image (DMG) system you downloaded. Did you actually install Audacity?

If you don’t install it, Audacity will lose its environment awareness and not be able to find it’s tools. Audacity may also not be able to save or export your work.

If you double-click the DMG file, it should explode into an installer graphic (click the picture).
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 08.58.47.png
You drag the Audacity icon and it will take care of everything else. You don’t have to use the default applications folder. If you have special folders you can do that, too.

Koz

Thanks for the response.

Audacity is definitely installed and I’ve since unmounted the DMG. All other features are working fine and I am able to save and export with no issues, it’s just the EQ that is throwing up an error. Worth noting also that this issue started with the previous version of Audacity with seemingly no trigger. I’ve used the program as well as the EQ tool for months prior to this with no problems.

Thanks,

Let’s reset all your preferences.

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/audacity.

Trash these files:
audacity.cfg
EQCurves.xml
pluginregistry.cfg
pluginsettings.cfg

Now start Audacity and see if the problems stop, including being able to enable effects.

– Bill