Can't export in any format

I can click export, however when I do a blank square box pops up with nothing on it but whiteness. OSX High Sierra, help? 40 minute podcast trying to export. First ever time using this. Using 2.2.2. Please help

Actually, High Sierra is macOS. Not OSX.

I would probably Save a Project to keep the show from falling apart if something nasty happens. A Project is an AUP project manager file and a _DATA folder with the sound snippets in it. Do not separate or rename them.

Did you actually install Audacity? Drag the Audacity icon to the Application icon? (Click the graphic).
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 03.53.30.png
It’s possible to run Audacity from inside the DMG and it will lose its environment management. I’m not sure what happens to a show if you do that.

Koz

I dragged it into the folder when I downloaded. Just gives me a blank box when I click export where there should normally be options to select the file you save the exported project in, format, etc.

You need to stay with us. Did you Save the work as an Audacity Project? you should probably do that right now. File > Save Project. If you can’t, then the podcast may be trash.

Koz

If I quit the application and reboot it I can open it from the “open recent” option, but it gives me the same blank box when I try to save it manually

Let’s try resetting your preferences.

Quit Audacity.
In the Finder, click on the Go menu, choose “Go to folder” then type ~/Library/Application Support/audacity into the box, then click “Go”.
In the audacity folder, trash the file audacity.cfg.
Start Audacity, open your project and do File > Export > Export Audio.
Fixed? If not, esc should close the export dialog.

– Bill

Just a thanks to billw58. Trashing the config worked for me on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, Audacity 2.4.2.