Audio Randomly Dropping out During Podcast

Hey guys! FIrst post on this forum because I could not find my answer after a lot of searching. I am using Mac Seirra 10.12.6. I am also using the latest version of Audacity 2.2.

I am recording a podcast with another host using 2 separate mics routed into mixing board that is hooked up via USB to my laptop.FYI- I don’t have any other programs open while recording. While recording, it seems like everything is going perfect! Until… I hit the stop button at the end of the podcast and I get the rainbow wheel of death for like 5 minutes. And then I get this pop up that says “some of the audio wasn’t recorded” and I am left with this… (see attached image).
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 10.14.32 AM.png
Please help!! Thank yall so much for your time.

Is that 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 or 2.2.2?

What are those periods of silence? Were there really periods of silence when you were recording?

The looks like the new dropout detection feature in 2.2.2.

Please try the suggestions in this FAQ, particularly the one about adjusting the Buffer Length setting in Devices Preferences, and see if that helps.

It looks, from your dock, that you had Safari and iChat running.

You can turn dropout detection off in Recording Preferences.

The long time with the beachball-of-death was probably due to the huge number of dropout labels that were generated.

– Bill

2.2.2 sorry for not being accurate! and those were periods of talking :confused:

Okay great! I will adjust the buffer length.
I also had safari and iMessage closed during the recording. I restart my laptop just before recording and dont open any other programs besides Audacity just so i keep my cpu process as quick as possible… because this has happened to me multiple times and its really messing up my podcasts. Should I turn dropout detection off??