Recording in Stereo

I am using Audacity 2.1.3 on macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3. I am trying to record multiple guitar parts to a song using a Behringer XENYX 1204 USB sound board plugged into my laptop and running through Audacity. I want to record in stereo and have one part panned left and the other part panned right in my sound board. They are both stereo tracks in audacity (two blue waves) and I can see that only the right or left channel has waves, but when I listen back it just plays in mono. I even tried using the in-app panning tool and it did nothing.

From your description it sounds like you are successfully recording the output of the mixer - is this true?

I can’t quite visualize what you’re describing in Audacity. Could you post a screen shot of the tracks? Include the track control panel at the left so we can see the track info.

– Bill

I actually figure it out just now, there was a setting under “Accessibility” on my Mac that was selected by default that said “Play stereo sound as mono.” Everything was working perfectly fine other than that.

Good to know.
Thanks.
– Bill