Enabling sync-lock toolbar icon

When I upgraded to Audacity 2.2.1, I found the sync-lock icon was no longer in the toolbar. Now I need to go to the Tracks menu and select “Sync-Lock Tracks (on/off)”. Is there a way to re-enable the shortcut icon? I’ve dug around in the preferences and documentation but have not found it.

It was removed from the toolbar because too many users were getting stuck after enabling it accidentally.

If you use Sync Lock frequently, you can set a keyboard shortcut (sorry, no button).
To set keyboard shortcuts, see: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/keyboard_preferences.html

Steve,

Thank you for the swift reply. What a bummer — I use the sync-lock feature often.

I also run Audacity workshops at local school and university labs, where they’re likely to have an older version of Audacity. I’ll have to install an older version myself so that they can follow along with my instructions, instead of me telling them where to find a button without being able to show them.

I hope a future version of Audacity offers an optional preference to re-enable this icon.

-Ken

Eventually we would like to make the toolbars much more customizable, but it’ll be a while before that happens (don’t hold your breath :wink:)

Awesome…

It´s really awesome. I am disgusted!
I produce audio books with Audacity and this feature was so easy to use.
Hope it comes back to the toolbar or – really even better – make the toolbars editable.

If you use this feature frequently, you could set a keyboard shortcut to make it even quicker to use than a button. See: Shortcuts Preferences - Audacity Manual

Even without setting a shortcut, it is not difficult to click on “Tracks menu > Sync-Lock Tracks”.