Nyquist Plug-ins not generating in audacity 2.2.1

I am at a complete loss. I have been trying load ACX check, along with others.

• I have downloaded and dropped into the proper plugin file. (~/Library/Application Support/audacity/Plug-Ins_
    *I have renamed to NOT have txt. extensions
  • Add/Remove still won’t populate added plugins.
  • I have made sure I have the current version of Audacity.
  • I have shut off program and computer, hoping a reload would populate plug-ins.

–I was able to get this (audacity 2.2.1) to work on a 10.9.5 mac with no problems, and not renaming files.
–MUST find a way to get to work with my 10.13.3 mac.
–I am not the only one having this problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
E

You seem to be doing everything right, so this is a mystery.

Could you post a screen shot of your audacity/Plug-Ins folder? Also a screen shot of the Plug-in Manager dialog?

– Bill

Audacity 2.2.1, MacOS 10.13.3
I’m having the same problem and have attached the requested screenshots for billw58

I have enabled the file under both Effect and Analyze managers. They seem to Enable but Acx-check does not show on the list under Analyze. I go back and look at the listed plug-ins to see if Acx-Check is enabled and it is again listed as New. It appears the Enable is not working.
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.11.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.17.22 PM.png

I got the attached file from another post about the same thing. It appears that using Safari to download the Acx-check.ny file changes it to a Act-Check.ny.txt file and despite removing the .txt from it…the Enable of that file fails. I found another Acx-check.ny file from Forum Staffer kozikowski and that one works, Enables.
Acx-check.ny (9.33 KB)

Glad you got it sorted out.

If you look at the first screen shot of your Plug-Ins folder, you’ll see that the file for ACX-check.ny is an alias. That was the source of the problem.
– Bill