End of audio file cut off and not included in mp3 conversion

Apologies if this is a silly question but i’m completely stuck!

Trying to record my first podcast…have 30s of music at the start, a handful of audio voice files in the middle and 30s of music at the end.

When I go to export the file as an mp3 it cuts off the music at the end!

How did I export the whole thing so that all parts are included? Literally tried everything but sure I’ve missed something somewhere!

Many thanks,
Ryan

Which version of Audacity are you using, and which version of Mac OS?

Is everything on one stereo Audacity track? Or do you have multiple tracks in the project?

Please describe exactly which menu command you use to export the project, and what is selected in the project.

– Bill

Hi Bill, thanks for replying!

Audacity version 2.1.3 and Mac OS high sierra 10.13.3

I’m not sure what you mean when you say one stereo audacity track sorry? I have several layers of audio that consists of a song at the start, voice recordings in the middle and a song at the end (please see attached screenshot for a clearer visual of what I mean by this)

When I export audio I select file → export audio. Bit rate mode = preset, Quality = standard (170-210kbps), variable speed = fast, channel mode = joint stereo (please see attached screenshot for a clearer visual of what I mean by this)

When I click save a warming comes up saying “your tracks will be mixed down to two stereo channels in the exported file” (please see attached screenshot for a clearer visual of what I mean by this)

The end mp3 result is the start music, voice readings but no end music! I’m sure I’m making a mistake somewhere, any help would be much appreciated!

Rgds,
Ryan
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.20.41.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.27.28.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.32.16.png

Please upgrade to version 2.2.1 and see if that helps.
– Bill

Hi Bill,

I’ve upgraded to version 2.2.1 but still have the same issue?!

Ryan

Does the show surgically clip off only the end music?

Save the Project as a backup different filename just to avoid any damage from testing. Never Save Project As the current name. Use Save for that.

Does your odd music track play by itself in a fresh Audacity? Will it export as an MP3?

Add a new stereo track to the end of your show. Doesn’t matter what it is. Pretend you’re going to add a new music ending to whatever is already there. Does that export as MP3? Are both of the end tracks missing?

Apple (upper left) > About This Mac. How much memory do you have?

Koz