Using Audacity to recordgfrom USB turntable HX500

Mac system OS X 10. 13. 2.
Audacity 2. 2. 1.
I do not get Audio CODEC even when using Audio MIDI Setup but the computer recognises the HX500.
Still no sound.
Gordon

If the Mac doesn’t see it as an audio input, neither will Audacity.

The specs for that turntable talk about Sony’s DSD format (which might be its default), but that it also supports PCM. Is there a way to select PCM output over USB?

– Bill

The grey “input level” meter indicates that sound is being input.
Gordon

If you make the same setting in Audacity’s Device Toolbar as you have made in System Sound Preferences, then you should get sound coming into Audacity.
– Bill

Hi, I’m trying to use audiotechnica turntable to record vinyl and it doesn’t even register on the mac when I put in the USB. Any ideas how I can fix this? Audacity launches OK, but there’s no sound coming across. I’m using High Sierra 10.13.3

Thank you for your response. The point you raised seems to be in order.
The computer records with Audacity and will play it back audibly but still no sound whilst recording.
Gordon

Go to Transport > Transport Options > Software Playthrough (make sure it is checked).
– Bill

If the Mac doesn’t see it (in System Preferences / Souncd / Input) then Audacity won’t see it. Try a different USB cable. Make sure the turntable is powered on when you plug in the USB cable.
– Bill