debug screen and freeze

I have noticed several posts about 2.2.1 crashing. I cannot use it at all now. Every time I use “open” or “save” or “export”, I get a debug screen and the program freezes, forcing me to Force Quit the app. I have tried everything I could find on this forum, I have even completely removed Audacity and all its system files, but nothing helps.

If I double-click a file, I can get it to open in Audacity, but when I try to export or save it, crash. If I try opening the file through the application, crash.

Is my time with Audacity over? I’ve been using it for years with no problems, but today I can’t use it at all.

If anyone knows what the problem is, please let me know.

Thank you!

We need to know what model of computer you are using, and what version of Mac OS.

It seems the crashes happen whenever Audacity tries to use an open or save dialog box. Hopefully we can track that down through a crash report.

The next time Audacity crashes, Apple should offer you the chance to file a report with Apple. Don’t do that. Instead copy and paste the contents of Apple’s crash report into a message here. We’ll edit it down to the part we need.

– Bill

dear friends, impossible, I have to force quit audacity because it stays on this screen for ever, but happens ONLY when I chose my audio card Conectiv from M audio, if I use to record the internal mic, this does not happen
Captura de pantalla 2018-09-22 a la(s) 12.06.44.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-09-22 a la(s) 12.04.07.png

problem fixed. I tried to instal conectiv 1.6 and 1.8 but my macbook pro retina with 10.13.6 did not recognize them thenI opened traktor and chose conectiv inside and I can record stereo with audacity no problems. I even close traktor and the problem is gone. If it happens again I will let you know. great job amigos, cheers from mexico city