Trouble Installing SoundFlower

Audacity 2.2.1 (.dmg installer) on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Had a version of Audacity on a original Mac Mini (many years ago), and used SoundFlower to capture internet audio. Audacity stopped working. Fast forward, new MacMini, downloaded Audacity this morning and also SoundFlower 1.6.6b.dmg from the Google site.

I installed SoundFlower 1.6.6b using the installer in the SoundFlower pkg. Restarted the MacMini computer but could not find SoundFlower in the System Preferences>Sound>Input or Output. Also in Audacity, Core Audio is the only selection in the Host Audio drop down. Ran the SoundFlower uninstall script.

I then downloaded and installed SoundFlower 1.6.5.dmg from the Google site using the SoundFlower pkg. Restarted the MacMini computer but could not find SoundFlower in the System Preferences>Sound>Input or Output. Also in Audacity, Core Audio is the only selection in the Host Audio drop down.

What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate some assistance. Thank you.

Soundflower is obsolete and unsupported. You could try “iShowU Audio Capture”. This is a more modern version of Soundflower and is available free from: https://support.shinywhitebox.com/hc/en-us/articles/204161459-Installing-iShowU-Audio-Capture
Please note that neither Soundflower or iShowU are made or supported by Audacity.

Thank you.