problem with Playback Meter

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

problem with Playback Meter

Permanent link to this post Posted by new Aud user » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm

I use mac OS Sierra v.10.12.6 (16G1036), Audacity v.2.2.0, and obtained the .dmg installer. In one window the Playback Meter activates when I start playback but in another window it doesn't. Is there a way to correct this? Thank you.
new Aud user

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: problem with Playback Meter

Permanent link to this post Posted by billw58 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Could you be more specific? Do you have two project windows open and the meter works in one but not the other. Or does the playback meter sometimes work and sometimes not?
-- Bill
billw58
Forum Staff

Re: problem with Playback Meter

Permanent link to this post Posted by new Aud user » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 am

billw58 wrote:Do you have two project windows open and the meter works in one but not the other.-- Bill

Yes but I had just reset the toolbars and now I see that the meters in both project windows are now working properly. Thank you.
new Aud user

Return to Mac OS X