Voice Vibration Effect - "Purr"

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Voice Vibration Effect - "Purr"

Permanent link to this post Posted by EFE_W » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 am

Hi all!
I've had a hard time trying to find information about this and hope I can get some pointers here. Kinda desperate :-s

I have a cute cartoony voice file that says "yay" and I want to make it sound like an cute alien creature, similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSxXGCUqra4

The result I want is to have a cute alien creature voice that sounds like a purr. I see plenty of resources for creepy monsters stuff but nothing for sweet and cute. Wonder if this would be achieved with a filter that makes the sound vibrate or if the sound has to be overlaid with a purr sound effect and auto tuned?

So many thanks in advance!

My specs:
Audacity 2.2.0
Mac OS 10.13.1, High Sierra
EFE_W

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Voice Vibration Effect - "Purr"

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

EFE_W wrote:... a filter that makes the sound vibrate ...

If you copy & paste this code into Audacity's Nyquist prompt ...
Code: Select all
(scale 0.6 (sim (mult *track* (fmosc 27.0 (hzosc 27)))))
Then apply Nyquist prompt like any other effect, it adds a purr-ish effect ...
before-after-after.flac
(268.73 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

If you want it to be cute you may have to shift the pitch up by about 50% before applying the code.
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Mac OS X