Internal error at Sequence.cpp line 1828

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Internal error at Sequence.cpp line 1828

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 pm

One of the developer's has reviewed the "Internal error" messages and applied a fix. However, there are several of these kinds of error and we can't be sure if they are all fixed until there has been a substantial amount of testing. Hopefully he's caught all of them - time will tell. The fix will be in the next Audacity release which is due out next month.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by miak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 am

Thanks for the update.
And were you able to look into the data and aup file that I linked?
miak

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by Paul L » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 am

I'm the developer Steve mentioned, but I don't have access yet to your Google Drive folder.

Paul
Paul L

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by Paul L » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 am

A guess: Did you at any time change sample formats of tracks?
Paul L

Permanent link to this post Posted by miak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:07 am

Paul L wrote:A guess: Did you at any time change sample formats of tracks?

Hi Paul,

Not knowing the lingo too well, I never changed out of .wav files, if that's what you mean. Anytime I continued working on the project, I hit open recent, and then called up the project. The error message started when I went to export as mp3.

I'll go about getting you access to the drive files now.

Thank you.
miak

Permanent link to this post Posted by Paul L » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 am

I have opened your project. Somehow it got into a very bad state.

Please explain what you did in detail.

Was this project saved in a previous version of Audacity, or was only version 2.2.0 used?

Did you record anything, or do any editing? Or did you simply import tracks?

If you can start with an empty Audacity project, and find a sequence of steps that recreates a project in this bad state, and describe that precisely, then that would be most helpful to me.

Paul
Paul L

Permanent link to this post Posted by Paul L » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:22 am

So here's what's weird:

You can open the .aup file in a text editor and you can see that all filename attributes in it are blank. What unusual thing did you do when you saved? Were you not saving to an ordinary drive?

But you also have all your .au files. It is possible to open each of those individually and hear some sound. Yet, the information Audacity needs to piece them into proper sequence in tracks is lost.

Paul
Paul L

Permanent link to this post Posted by miak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Paul L wrote:I have opened your project. Somehow it got into a very bad state.
Please explain what you did in detail.
Paul

Tracks>Add New>Stereo Tracks
Select All of new track imported from iTunes
Copy
Paste into project timeline
Highlight beginning of track > Fade In
Highlight end of track > Fade Out

Repeated with 11 different tracks.

In addition, Track 5 was cut into three segments to avoid certain areas of the song using the cut command
Track Track 8 was cut into two segments to avoid certain areas of the song using the cut command
Songs 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 had beginnings or endings trimmed with cut command.
All racks overlapped at their beginnings and endings to create a blended sound, with the use of cutting the timeline of the song fading in.

Upon saving, I clicked "Save As" I was warned that the file was only for Audacity project and could not be played as another file with the offer to "Export" to play as another file. I hit "Save" and saved it both to Dropbox and to my Desktop.
Upon reopening the project, I was successful in continuing my work for a couple days.
On the third day, and after completing the project, I now not only "Saved As" but used, "Export" "mP3". This seemed to work. But when I went to reopen the files, the error report began showing- in Audacity, from my desktop, and from Dropbox. Up until this first export attempt, I never changed the files from .wav[/b][/color]

Was this project saved in a previous version of Audacity, or was only version 2.2.0 used?

No, I"ve had this newest version for one week and have never used a previous version.

Did you record anything, or do any editing? Or did you simply import tracks?
See above

If you can start with an empty Audacity project, and find a sequence of steps that recreates a project in this bad state, and describe that precisely, then that would be most helpful to me.
Last edited by billw58 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix quote tags
miak

Permanent link to this post Posted by Paul L » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:31 pm

miak wrote:On the third day, and after completing the project, I now not only "Saved As" but used, "Export" "mP3". This seemed to work. But when I went to reopen the files, the error report began showing- in Audacity, from my desktop, and from Dropbox. Up until this first export attempt, I never changed the files from .wav[/b][/color]

So I understand the Export was not MP3 conversion under File > Chains > Apply Chain..
but was File > Save Other > Export As MP3
I suspect this export was only coincidental with the problem.

But now: I understand you had redundantly saved the project, already, in two places, desktop and DropBox.

You reopened which one?

And why were you still Saving-As rather than simply Saving? If really Saving-As, then, from which folder, into which other, when the problem happened?

Was there any other error dialog seen about failure to write a file and exhaustion of space on your drive?

PRL
Paul L

Permanent link to this post Posted by Paul L » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 pm

And tell me too, what version of macOs you have? (Apple Menu > About This Mac...)
Paul L

PreviousNext

Return to Mac OS X