Audacity quit unexpectedly

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Audacity quit unexpectedly

Permanent link to this post Posted by bcnx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 pm

yes, that was exactly what happened. The system runs quite good actually, the only thing going on is that some applications do not run. A lot of them are (by coincidence?) open source applications from Sourceforge, but some are also by Apple itself, like Xcode.

oops, that will the end of an era then.
I have a regular Mac, but what frustrates me is that lack of freedom to choose your own hardware (which is needed for a studio computer) and also the price. I get that they want to offer the best stability and they succeed in doing so if you compare to Windows, but it's policy is limiting.

BC
bcnx

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Previous

Return to Mac OS X