AppleScript to detect Sound Activated Recording in Audacity

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

AppleScript to detect Sound Activated Recording in Audacity

Permanent link to this post Posted by adamaron » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 am

Sound Activated Recording under the Transport menu lets Audacity detect a sound of particular intensity and then start recording while that sound occurs. What I need is for AppleScript to know that this has happened, so it can control a different program. I'm not sure if it's possible that AppleScript can 'know' that Audacity was triggered in this way. Please help.

I'm using Mac OS-X 10.12.6 Sierra and Audacity 2.1.3, which I got from the .dmg installer.

Thanks much
-adam

San Diego, California
adamaron

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: AppleScript to detect Sound Activated Recording in Audac

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 pm

adamaron wrote:I'm not sure if it's possible that AppleScript can 'know' that Audacity was triggered in this way.

I'm no expert with AppleScript, but as far as I'm aware it has no way of knowing what Audacity is doing.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Mac OS X