Noise Gate MIA?

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Noise Gate MIA?

Permanent link to this post Posted by garyr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm

A finder search reveals that the only copies of those files are html and in the manual.
What does this mean? That my Audacity isn't registered?
garyr

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Permanent link to this post Posted by billw58 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 pm

A Finder search may not look in your Library folder.

In the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder". In the dialog, type: ~/Library/Application Support/audacity. Note the "~" character at the beginning. This should reveal the audacity folder, and in that the pluginregistry.cfg and pluginsettings.cfg files. Also in that folder is the "Plug-ins" folder, which is where you should put the "Noisegate.ny" file.

-- Bill
billw58
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by garyr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:59 am

I was working with 2.1. and it didn't work (the directions you supplied); so I moved that app and opened the new 2.2.0 and tried again. The effects and analysis (wave stats) now show up in the appropriate menus, but they're greyed out and can't be applied.....NO WAIT A MINUTE--I'd not loaded a file and selected anything. AND when I did that, they turned black and WORKED. BRAVO!!!
Thank you SO MUCH. I'm back at it now with the latest version of Audacity! With about 6 hours of recording to do, and 12 hours of proofing and adjusting on the new book!
garyr

Previous

Return to Mac OS X