Downloading Plugins

I am not sure what I did differently the first time but the - plugin that moves the files to MP3 - smooth.

I have been trying to get the ACX check plug in downloaded to a brand new 6/2017 Mac Book and I am having a difficult time .

I followed instructions to allow me to choose down load location in firefox.
I then went in to choose Library-application support- Audacity - Plugins only to find there is no plug-ins folder there it is a folder called libs and says I am not authorized to download to this folder.
SO help???

I can go to a plug-ins folder under Library - Audio - Plugins - then there are three folders here COMPONENTS ? HAL ? MAS ? VST

But I am so illiterate with tech that I am afraid that sticking it there will mess something up?

Sorry to be taking everyones time with this - I honestly would like all the Nyquest plugins but this is important one and whatever next will bring all these values together.

Mel

You are looking in the wrong location. You are looking at the system Library folder. You want to look at your user Library folder

In the Finder, click on the “Go” menu and choose “Go to folder…”. In the resulting dialog, enter

~/Library/Application Support/audacity

(note the “~” character at the beginning - that is important)

then click the “Go” button.

In there you will find the “Plug-ins” folder.

– Bill

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Those were perfect easy to follow instructions and now I have it!! I appreciate it. I read like half the forum last night and was so confident this morning and after an hour I knew I needed help!

It worked and Now onto getting the audio louder :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Mel