Unable to record cassettes

Hi

I recently received an ezcap recorder to transfer my cassettes to MP3. I have tried everything to make it work. I have looked at all support and videos I can find. It will not record any sound. If I plug in headphones to the unit I can hear the music. I am using Audacity 2.1 for Mac. I have an IMac using Yosemite. Please help or maybe suggest a different unit that will work. I am very frustrated. Thank you.

Gary J

Does this page help?

– Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately when I go to input the choice is only USB PnP Audio device. I did highlight and save that selection earlier. I am wondering if I was sent the wrong device, it has 3 small windows on the top. the others I have looked at in all the youtube tutorials look different. I was so excited about this.

Gary J

Are you saying that in System Preferences > Sound > Input you have “USB PnP Audio Device” as a choice? If you select that, then play a cassette, do you see the input meter moving in the System Preferences window?

– Bill

Hi Bill

There were two selections I highlighted the first and nothing happened, but when I highlighted the one below it worked. I will let you know if this changes anything as far as recording. Off to work. Thanks

Gary

Hi Bill,

I tried but still not recording. Should I return this one and try some other product. The other thing I wanted to ask is do I need to download “Lame” ignored to transfer the files. I ultimately want to add to my iTunes library.

Thanks,

Gary J

Where were the “two selections”? In the Sound Preferences Input panel? What do you mean by “the first” and “the one below”? What are they called, exactly? Which one worked? What do you mean “it worked”? Did you see the sound meter in the Sound Preferences panel lighting up? You say you still can’t record.

iTunes will make MP3s for you from AIF or WAV files. Let’s get this thing working then you can worry about whether or not you need LAME.

– Bill