Multitrack recording with Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Multitrack recording with Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB

Permanent link to this post Posted by [email protected] » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:43 pm

I am using 10.12.6 Mac OS Sierra and Audacity 2.1.3. I can record multiple mics into the same track using Audacity.

I want to know if its possible to do multi track recording using Xenyx 1204USB on the above versions of Mac OS & Audacity.

Thank in advance...
[email protected]

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Multitrack recording with Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB

Permanent link to this post Posted by cyrano » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 pm

The built in USB interface in the Behringer 1204USB only allows two channels to be recorded simultaneously.

You can mix more than two mics, but the recording will only be stereo, not multi-track. Most small USB mixers are like this...
cyrano

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Mac OS X