Advanced Pitch Shift Control Parameters? LF Time Window/Fade

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Advanced Pitch Shift Control Parameters? LF Time Window/Fade

Permanent link to this post Posted by DaMaysta » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Hello Audacity forum,

Using Audacity 2.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.8 with .dmg installed. For a hobby project I want to create a dragon voice with a gargling effect in the voice. Found a great tutorial on YouTube for this [(url]https://youtu.be/6AvP0GKGP4k[/url]) but he uses the software Reaper.

To archive this gargling effect he uses a pitch shift but apparently he has advanced control over time window and fade time (check video link at about 4:00 minutes). Using different time windows for pitch down and a following pitch up is the key in getting the wanted sound.

My question: any way to get the same control in Audacity too? Or is there another way to archive this sound effect?
DaMaysta

Operating System: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Re: Advanced Pitch Shift Control Parameters? LF Time Window/

Permanent link to this post Posted by DaMaysta » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 am

Sorry for the messed up link to the mentioned YouTube tutorial. Typed that on mobile, missclicked while formatting and it seems that there is no 'edit' button in the forums.

Link: https://youtu.be/6AvP0GKGP4k
DaMaysta

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:25 am

It looks like he's using "ReaPitch", which is one of the VST effects included with Reaper.
I don't know if it is available in the separate "ReaPlugs VST FX Suite", but if you are able to run Windows software, then you could try installing ReaPlugs (available free from the Reaper website).
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by cyrano » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Reaplugs are only available for Windows. A feature request to release an OSX and Linux version has been posted to the REAPER fora, but there is no respons from the devs...
cyrano

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by DaMaysta » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks, steve. I should able to get access to a windows PC. Will give it a try and post again here if I managed to archive the wanted sound.
DaMaysta

Return to Mac OS X