Cut preview? How to switch off?

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Cut preview? How to switch off?

Permanent link to this post Posted by mattjamie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I've just updated to latest version of Audacity 2.1.3

When I use the CUT (CMD+X) or silence audio (CMD+L) commands, the timeline selects the section i'm cutting/silencing and then plays just this section when I next click play.

Any idea how to turn off this feature? It doesn't seem to be the "cut preview" option in the preferences menu

On the older version of Audacity the cut/silence selection would be removed and clicking play would just continue from that point.

(It's quite annoying!)
mattjamie

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Cut preview? How to switch off?

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:07 pm

I think it's a bug in Audacity 2.1.3 that "Cut" leaves the play region where the Timeline seletion was. That does not happen in the current development code, so it appears that it has been fixed. As a workaround, press Cmd+K to Delete rather than Cmd+X (Cut).

Cmd+L 'should' keep the current selection. This was the same in (all?) previous versions of Audacity.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Mac OS X