Audacity 2.1.3 - Error Opening Sound Device

I have been using Audicity 2.1.1 since early this year and had no problems recording or playack on a USB connceted Logitech H540 Headset with MIC. Since I upgraded to Ver 2.1.3 last week I have been randomly getting the error

“Error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host. playback device and the project sample rate.”.

This is happening very often but not evey time I am recording or playback the sound.

The only way to get Audicity working again with the H540 Headset is to “QUIT AUDACITY” and start it again.

I have followed the instruction is setting up the Audio MIDI setup and also followed the instruction in “FA Errors: Why do I get “Error opening sound device”?” but this did not help.

I use a MAC Desktop running Sierra 10.12.5.

Thank you for the help.
Best Regards.

1. If you’ve not done so already, shut down your computer completely and reboot. Modern Macs don’t like to shut down or close applications ever. A full ‘cold boot’ can resolve many strange problems with USB audio devices.

If that does not help:
Try plugging your headset into a different USB socket.
Visually check the USB lead for signs of damage and check that the connectors are seated securely.
Ensure that the USB lead is not pulled taught, and position it so as to avoid flexing the cable at the plug.

The next time the problem happens, rather than restarting Audacity, try “Transport > Rescan Audio devices”.