Bug recording with Zoom R16 - wav export adds clicking noise

Hi all,

I already searched for the problem but I can’t seem to find any solution to my problem.
I’m on osx 10.11.6 and was on audacity 2.0.6 when the problem occured.

Recording 8 tracks with the Zoom r16 onto my laptop with audacity does not produce any audio errors. Only upon exporting “multiple files” (shift cmd L) into wav 24bit only sometimes(!) creates a random clicking noise in all wav files every second but totally random, not in a pattern or something.
Weirdly, the projects that I only saved and did not export stay clear after reopening the project. Audacity then uses the data .au files containing the audio information, instead of the other projects which would use the erroneous wav files.

I can’t seem to reproduce the problem by exporting wavs from the “data projects”, nor was I successful using the audacity recovery software on my windows pc. only creates an error message.

Anyone know the problem? I’m gonna update audacity now and hope the next recording is gonna be fine but I can’t seem to find the error in my procedure?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Max

Audacity 2.0.6 is very old. I’d suggest that you update to the current 2.1.3 version and see if the problem still occurs.
You can download the current version here: Audacity ® | Download for Mac OS