MacOs Sierra Double click does not open aup file

Hallo,
I installed Audacity 2.1.3 on Sierra 10.12.3 and I’m facing a very strange problem: when double-clicking an .aup project file Audacity launches with an empty project instead.
If I differently right click the same project file, and next, open with Audacity, it regularly opens in Audacity window.
I already assigned Audacity as default app to open every aup file in finder info window.
Anybody out there facing same issue?
Thank you.

Yes I can reproduce that in 2.1.3, if Audacity is not already running. If it is not already running, right-click > “Open with” also does not open the project. It looks like it could be an issue new to 2.1.3, because 2.1.2 opens the project on Audacity launch if set as the default app.

So, launch Audacity first then it should be OK.

In case it is a Mac problem, you could try running this command in the Terminal:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed -r -f -v -domain local -domain user -domain system

Then hold Option and right-click Finder in the Dock and choose Relaunch. This did not help the Audacity issue for me, but the command rebuilds the Launch Services database and fixes “Open with” hanging for minutes on “Fetching…” and it removes duplicate items of the exact same app version in “Open with” (another common Mac issue).

Gale

Thank you Gale,

rebuilding LaunchServices with the command you provided did not help in my case.
Meanwhile I upgraded system to 10.12.4. That didn’t help either.

I think it is an issue related with a not complete integration of Audacity with Sierra.
It does not happen with any other app installed on my system.
I hope Audacity developers will work through that.
Regards

Same problem here (MacOS 10.12.5), and it affects not only project files (.aup). Right-click > “Open with” won’t open audio files, either.