Recording with Reloop iPhono 2 on audacity

Hi there,

I’m using a macbook air OSX El Capitan on Audacity 2.1.3 which I believe was a .dmg installer and have recently bought myself a Reloop iPhono 2 to record my mixes considering a macbook air doesn’t have a line-in.

I’m hoping you can support me with the problems I have been facing with recording in Audacity.

My current setup is:

• 2 numark CDJs going into a Numark DXM01 Digital Mixer
  • RCA from mixer (record channel) to input iPhono RCA
  • Normal USB wire that comes with iPhono connected to Macbook Air

I press record and it pauses straight after. Find attached image and you will see bottom right where it says recording paused. This happens straight after I hit record.

I have attached most images with my settings in audacity. Hopefully you might be able to see I have the wrong settings somewhere. If not, please can you advise me on next steps?

I’ve installed the iPhono software, which comes along with an audacity installation however is one of the older versions (1.1) which didn’t work so have downloaded version 2.1.3

Weirdly, it records once in a blue moon but won’t allow me to playback and comes up with ‘latency issue’. I was hoping this iPhono interface would eliminate all these problems I had previously…

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 13.37.23.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 13.37.11.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 13.44.51.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 13.45.05.png

Please click on the Transport menu and make sure that “Sound Activated Recording” is not checked.
– Bill

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this the correct setting? Find attached.

Emil
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 19.49.11.png

You’ve chosen the Sound Activation Level. You want Sound Activated Recording turned off.

Please see this page in the manual.

– Bill